i stumbled across this fun linkup, so i wanted to join in! this took some serious thought but here are my 8 favorite book/movie/tv characters of all time.
1. harry potter: this post could've EASILY been eight characters all from HP, but i practiced restraint. and while my TRUE favorite HP character is up in the air (hermione! no, ron! no, oliver wood! no, the weasley twins! etc), there wouldn't be a series without my boy harry, so he tops the list.
2. chandler bing: i actually didn't watch friends while it was airing, other than catching a rerun from time to time. but the day it was added to netflix i began my marathon... and binged all 10 seasons in a few short months... cried like a baby when it was over, and then immediately started back at the beginning and watched it all over again. i identify with chandler way too much.
3. buddy the elf: i think buddy would love me just as much as i love him. i mean, i'm another human that shares his affinity for elf culture ;)
4. laura ingalls wilder: i LOOOOVED the little house on the prairie books growing up, and would often pretend i was laura. some days i still want to be her. you know, plus indoor plumbing.
6. karen brewer: this one is a throwback. even before the harry potter days, it was the babysitter's club little sister books that really ignited my passion for reading. i used to get four of these books a month and my mom would have to hide three of them so i didn't tear through them too quickly. karen was actually pretty annoying, but man did i love the adventures she'd get up to with her friends.
7. mulan: favorite disney movie. she unapologetically kicks ass, and is an awesome role model for young girls. love.
8. jim halpert: the office is my favorite show of all time and if i were allowed to marry any fictional character in the entire world it would be him. ugh.